The Utility Economic Development Association, Inc. (UEDA) was independently incorporated as 501(c)(6) not-for-profit corporation in 2001. Association members are economic development professionals with investor-owned electric and gas utilities as well as regional allies and industry service providers in the United States and Canada. The UEDA is dedicated to providing members with timely customized educational opportunities, training and networking opportunities to designed facilitate and help achieve individual corporate goals in an evolving investor-owned electric and gas utility environment.
Utility members know economic development and their service areas. They can add value to site selection projects by providing unbiased accurate data and hands-on assistance to help meet tight deadlines.
Each year the UEDA:
- Creates semi-annual networking and educational forums
- Conducts advanced economic development education courses
- Conducts economic development research
- Disseminates specialized utility economic development information
- Serves as a conduit to members for site selectors